Friday, September 23, 2011

The Impossibilities of Making a Major Motion Picture (movie)

When you think about making a movie you would most likely think about big money, seeing your face on the big screen and walking down a red carpet with enough flashing cameras to make you blind.  That may be true but only with the time and stresses of actually making the movie.  The movie set and filming do contain the director yelling action, that clipper thing to show when the movie started and all that techie equipment and lighting.  What you don’t realize is that you can spend nine hours just doing one scene that will take at the most three minutes in the entire movie.  This is because a character locks himself out of the car or a kid waves into the camera.  Anyways, if you do get into a movie then just don’t expect to do the rest of your daily routine.  I know this because I was an extra in a movie production this past week.  I can’t wait until I can do it again!

No comments: